Thursday, March 6, 2014
Hello lovely readers (if I have any left!)
I just wanted to update you on the general state of mind......And since it's been raining a lot recently, I wanted to use the puddle jumping pose. The joy that can be found even when it looks a little grey. Strange that when it all is darker and gloomier, suddenly I feel lighter and more myself.
I had a good chat to a good friend this past weekend and I accidently chatted to a psychologist....both giving me insight into where I am at the moment.
My friend and I discussed religion and the aspect that this plays in our lives. I did tell her that I had this incredible feeling that I was on a path and under the control of G*d. I had this clarity on what I wanted and what I needed to do in my life to allow Him to take control. I don't really like getting into religion on blogs, but I have this urge to share. I feel as if my prayer will be answered. Maybe not in the way I want, but in the way I will ultimately need. Does that make sense?
The psychologist and I chatted about my general mood, the creeping depression that is surfacing again and about what happened last year. We just chatted. Through her I looked at things again in a different way.
Monday I got my car back. It's leaking (the windscreen is loose) water during the rains so I need to have it repaired. But I have my independence back again.
I feel better, more optimistic.
I feel like me again.
Now I just need to manage my time so I can blog more
Labels: This is me
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Have you ever felt like something is happening in your life but you're just not sure what?
Do you feel that everything is leading to a moment, but you're not sure when or where the moment will be?
Are you faced with this overwhelming feeling that there is a plan, you just have to have faith that all will be revealed?
I'm feeling all this at the moment. I just have this incredibly strong feeling that something is at work in my life. I don't know in what way, or what aspect or how it will play out - I just know that something is at work for me/us.
Call it fate, call it faith, call it intuition. Give it any name you choose.
I recently went through my Instagram pictures, my blog posts and my Facebook updates and I have realised how dark and sad they all are.
Although all feels right in my life, we all know that it's not 100%. Something is missing, we're not quite in that happy place. Until I let in the light, I don't think the plan can unfold.....unless it's part of the plan....
For March I am going to do a little blog challenge. Something to focus my attention, to find the little things in my life, to bring the light into my days again.
If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I just feel like I need a little something....
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
I was sitting at work recently thinking to myself "I want another project - should I redesign the blog? Get involved in a little feature on the blog? Maybe sign up for something"
You know, add some interest to my life, something to focus on
The universe heard me.....the poop hit the fan at work. I now have plenty of projects that will keep me super busy. And very stressed too.
It's good, makes me feel alive (or something!)
Still think I would like a little project.....
PS - update on my car - the repairs should be ready by 11 March - so just a few more weeks of asking everyone to drive me to and from work.
Monday, February 17, 2014
I am trying really really really hard to be positive, smiley, happy.
- After many phone calls and back and forth emails, my car will take another 3 weeks to be repaired. Until then, no car for me and I am left begging for lifts to and from work. Did I tell you my broker made an admin error and never followed my instruction to include the hire car in my policy
- We don't celebrate Valentine's Day but MrB decided this year that he would surprise me and have something delivered to my office. The surprise was ruined when the courier company phoned to reconfirm the address at 14h00. They promised it would be delivered by 15h30 - I was leaving the office at 16h00 (due to another thing). MrB begged me to stay longer as he wanted the item to get to me! So we waited (my lift and I). By 16h45 we couldn't wait any longer so I went home. The item was delivered on Saturday morning. The chocolates were all melted :( Turns out Netflorist and RAM couriers had a big drama and many items were never delivered or delivered incorrectly. Poor MrB!
- The cat and the dog have decided that 3am is a great time to wake up and play. Between chasing tails, playing with the rug and bringing locusts into the room, it's been a mini circus in the early hours of the morning. We've been awake since 3am nearly every day for the past week
- On Saturday I took a delicate tumble down the stairs - face first! I hurt my ankle, knees, hips and shoulder :(
- This morning I slammed my finger in the gate at work
- Not having a car means I get to spend quality time with colleagues to and from work
- I learnt that MrB can keep a secret and surprise me even though he isn't the most romantic. And we did get a full refund
- In our area there have been a few break-ins at 3am. Being awake means we clearly don't look like a good target!
- Um, the sore body meant I could sleep in the weekend and rest
- For the finger - it's a bit sore so not feeling positive about it
Thursday, February 13, 2014
From my previous post you'll know that we enjoyed a day of sightseeing in Joburg recently.
My lovely friend Laura is a photographer and I wanted to share some of her stunning photos.
These are her fun photos from our day out
|Waiting for the Gautrain|
|C and me excited for the day|
|My brother always pulls a funny face|
|MrB - he had a haircut that morning - can you tell|
|Everyone wants their photo taken|
|Once upon a time the most expensive street in Monopoly|
|Fun in the puddles|
|Cheers to a coffee break|
|Coffee on the streets of Jozi|
|smooching in the back of the bus like school kids|
|the big wheel at Gold Reef|
|The Jozi skyline|
|Graffitti in Newtown|
|Lunch at Sophiatown|
|the burger lovers at the burger picture|
|Laura hanging with Brenda|
|more puddle fun|
|MrB and I have some fun|
|kinda like Abbey Road|
|the old station|
Laura's website can be viewed HERE