Monday, February 17, 2014

I don't mean to be Moaning Myrtle

I am trying really really really hard to be positive, smiley, happy.

  • After many phone calls and back and forth emails, my car will take another 3 weeks to be repaired. Until then, no car for me and I am left begging for lifts to and from work. Did I tell you my broker made an admin error and never followed my instruction to include the hire car in my policy

  • We don't celebrate Valentine's Day but MrB decided this year that he would surprise me and have something delivered to my office. The surprise was ruined when the courier company phoned to reconfirm the address at 14h00. They promised it would be delivered by 15h30 - I was leaving the office at 16h00 (due to another thing). MrB begged me to stay longer as he wanted the item to get to me! So we waited (my lift and I). By 16h45 we couldn't wait any longer so I went home. The item was delivered on Saturday morning. The chocolates were all melted :( Turns out Netflorist and RAM couriers had a big drama and many items were never delivered or delivered incorrectly. Poor MrB!

  • The cat and the dog have decided that 3am is a great time to wake up and play. Between chasing tails, playing with the rug and bringing locusts into the room, it's been a mini circus in the early hours of the morning. We've been awake since 3am nearly every day for the past week

  • On  Saturday I took a delicate tumble down the stairs - face first! I hurt my ankle, knees, hips and shoulder :(

  • This morning I slammed my finger in the gate at work
So let's make this positive:
  • Not having a car means I get to spend quality time with colleagues to and from work
  • I learnt that MrB can keep a secret and surprise me even though he isn't the most romantic. And we did get a full refund
  • In our area there have been a few break-ins at 3am. Being awake means we clearly don't look like a good target!
  • Um, the sore body meant I could sleep in the weekend and rest
  • For the finger - it's a bit sore so not feeling positive about it
 photo claudzsignclear_zps647bcfcc.png  photo blogbanner_zps1ff45b19.png

5 comments:

Gaelyn Cokayne said...

Shame Claudz, that certainly sound slike far more bad luck and nastiness from life than any one person should have to deal with!

Here's hoping your finger heals up quickly and this week is far better!

(ps - I love your positives from negatives!)

Caley-Jade Rosenberg said...

So proud of you for staying positive!! Sorry about your bad week sweets x

Johlet said...

Oh no haha! That is horrible! :(
Well just remember the weekend is only 3 sleeps away!

Skinny Bitches in the Making said...

I know how hard it is to be happy. it really is a choice but after several shitty incidents it's hard to see the bright side.
I think you've managed really well. here's hoping to a better week!

Martina @snapshotsandwhatnots said...

Oh wow you're having a sucky week and a painful one - hang in there and hopefully things will get better soon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...